Thì hiện tại hoàn thành và thì quá khứ đơn là hai thì quan trọng trong tiếng Anh. Tuy nhiên có rất nhiều bạn nhầm lẫn giữa hai thì này. Dưới đây là hướng dẫn bài tập thì hiện tại hoàn thành và quá khứ đơn đầy đủ hãy cùng tham khảo với CNTA nhé !
Lý thuyết bài tập thì hiện tại hoàn thành và quá khứ đơn
Hiểu rõ được điều đó, Cẩm Nang Tiếng Anh xin giới thiệu đến các bạn tài liệu Bài tập phân biệt thì hiện tại hoàn thành và thì quá khứ đơn. Tài liệu tổng hợp toàn bộ kiến thức lý thuyết và một số bài tập thực hành có đáp án. Sau đây là nội dung chi tiết, mời các bạn tham khảo và tải tại đây.
Công thức giải bài tập hiện tại hoàn thành và quá khứ đơn
Hiện tại hoàn thành
Khẳng định: S + have (’ve)/has (’s) + VPII ….
Phủ định: S + have not (haven’t)/has not (hasn’t) + VPII ….
Nghi vấn: Have/Has + S + VPII …?
Quá khứ đơn
Khẳng định: S + Vpast tense ….
Phủ định: S + did not (didn’t) + V ….
Nghi vấn: Did + S + V …?
Các dấu hiệu nhận biết áp dụng bài tập quá khứ đơn và hiện tại hoàn thành
1. Hiện tại hoàn thành
already (đã …rồi)
I have already cooked dinner. (Tôi đã nấu bữa tối rồi.)
Have you spoken to him yet? (Bạn đã nói chuyện với anh ấy chưa?)
just (vừa mới)
He’s just finished his homework. (Anh ấy vừa mới hoàn thành bài tập về nhà của anh ấy.)
recently (gần đây)
He has bought a new car recently. (Gần đây anh ấy mua một chiếc xe hơi mới.)
ever (đã từng)
Have you ever visited Paris? (Bạn đã từng đến thăm Paris chưa?)
never (chưa bao giờ)
I have never seen a lion. (Tôi chưa bao giờ nhìn thấy một con sư tử.)
since (kể từ)
She’s been ill since Monday. (Cô ấy bị ốm từ hôm thứ Hai.)
for (trong khoảng)
My daughter has been ill for two days. (Con gái của tôi bị ốm hai ngày rồi.)
2. Quá khứ đơn
yesterday (hôm qua)
Yesterday I stayed at home. (Tôi ở nhà vào ngày hôm qua.)
last … (last week, last month, last year, …) (… trước)
She got married last year. (Cô ấy kết hôn vào năm ngoái.)
… ago (two years ago, centuries ago, …) (… trước)
I graduated from university three years ago. (Tôi tốt nghiệp đại học ba năm trước đây.)
in + past time (in 1990, in the 19th century, …) (vào thời điểm …)
He was born in 1995. (Anh ấy sinh năm 1995.)
Cách sử dụng
Xét về thời điểm diễn ra của sự việc trong quá khứ
- Thì hiện tại hoàn thành diễn tả một hành động xảy ra và kết thúc tại một thời điểm không xác định trong quá khứ.
- Diễn tả một hành động xảy ra và kết thúc tại một thời điểm xác định trong quá khứ.
Xét về hành động trong quá khứ có hoặc không có liên quan đến hiện tại
- Thì hiện tại hoàn thành diễn tả hành động đã xảy ra và còn kết quả ở hiện tại
- Thì quá khứ đơn diễn tả hành động đã xảy ra và không còn kết quả ở hiện tại.
Bài tập thì hiện tại hoàn thành và quá khứ đơn
Bài 1: Are you underlined parts of these sentences right or wrong? Correct them where necessary.
1. I’ve lost my key. I can’t find it anywhere. Ok
2. Have you eaten a lot of sweets when you were a child? Did you eat
3. I’ve bought a new car. You must come and see it. ………..
4. I’ve bought a new car last week. ………..
5. When have you been yesterday evening? ………..
6. Lucky has left school in 1999. ………..
7. I’m looking for Mike. Have you seen him? ………..
8. Have you been to Paris? “Yes, many times” ………..
9. I’m very hungry. I haven’t eaten much today. ………..
10. When has this book been published. ………..
Bài 2: Make sentences from the words in brackets. Use the present perfect or past simple.
1. (it/ not/ rain/ this week) It hasn’t rained this week.
2. (the weather/ be/ cold/ recently) The weather ……….
3. (it/ cold/ last week) It ……….
4. (I/ not/ read/ a newspaper yesterday) I ……….
5. (I/ not/ read/ a newspaper today) I ……….
6. (Emily/ earn/ a lot of money/ this year) ………….
7. (she/ not/ earn/ so much/ last year) ………….
8. (you/ have/ a holiday recently?) ………….
Bài 3: Put the verb into the correct from present perfect or past simple.
1. I don’t know where Lisa is. Have you seen (yoo/ see) her?
2. When I … (get) home last night, I … (be ) very tired and I … (go) straight to bed.
3. A: … (you/ finish) painting the bedroom?
B: Not yet. I’ll finish it tomorrow.
4. George … (not/be) very well last week.
5. Mr.Clark … (work) in a bank for 15 years. Then he gave ip up.
6. Molly lives in Dublin. She … (live) there all her life.
7. A: … (you/ go) to the cinema last night?
B: Yes, but it … (be) a mistake. The film … (be) awful
8. My grandfather … (die) before I was born. I … (never/ meet) him.
9. I don’t know Carol’s husband. I … (never/ meet) him.
10. A: Is Martin here?
B: No, he … (go) out.
A: When exactly … (he/ go) out?
B: About ten minutes ago.
11. A: Where do you live?
B: In Boston.
A: How long … (you/ ‘ve) there?
B: Five years
A: Where … (you/ like) before that?
B : In Chicago.
A: And how long … (you/ like) in Chicago?
B: Tow years.
Bài 4. Write sentences about yourself using the ideas in brackets.
1. (something you haven’t done today) I haven’t eaten any fruit today.
2. (something you haven’t done today) ……………
3. (something you didn’t do yesterday) ……………
4. (something you did yesterday evening) ……………
5. (something you haven’t done recently) ……………
6. (something you’ve done a lot recently) …………..
Bài 5. Complete the sentences using the verbs in brackets. Use the present perfect where possible. Otherwise use the past simple.
1. I can’t get in. (my home) I’ve lost (lose) my key.
2. The office is empty now. Everybody … (go ) home.
3. I meant to call you last night but I … (forget).
4. Mary … (go) to Egypt for a holiday, but she’s back home in England now.
5. Are you OK? Yes I … (have) a headache, but I feel fine now.
6. Can you help us? Our car … (break) down.
Bài 6. Put the verb into correct form, present perfect or past simple.
1. It stopped raining for a while, but now it’s raining again. (stop)
2. The town is very different now. It has changed a lot (change)
3. I did German at school but I … most of it now (forget)
4. The police … three people, but later they let them go (arrest).
5. What do you think of my English? Do you think it … ? (improve)
6. A: Are you still reading the paper?
B: No, I … with it.You can have it (finish)
7. I … for a job as a tourist guide, but I wasn’t successful. (apply)
8. Where’s my bike? It … outside the house, but it’s not there now. (be)
9. Look! There’s an ambulance over there. There … an accident. (be)
10. A: Have you heard about Ben? He … his arm. (break)
B: Really? How … that … ? (happen)
A: He … off a ladder. (fall)
Bài 7: Hoàn thành các động từ trong ngoặc với thì hiện tại hoàn thành
1. I have not worked today.
2. We (buy)…………..a new lamp.
3. We (not / plan)…………..our holiday yet.
4. Where (be / you) ?
5. He (write)…………..five letters.
6. She (not / see)…………..him for a long time.
7. (be / you)…………..at school?
8. School (not / start)…………..yet.
9. (speak / he)…………..to his boss?
10. No, he (have / not)…………..the time yet.
1) I………my Maths homework yesterday. (to do)
2)………Susan………to England by plane? (to go)
3) They………a farm two weeks ago. (to visit)
4) Jenny and Peggy………their brother. (not/to help)
5) The children………at home last weekend. (not/to be)
6) When………you………this wonderful skirt? (to design)
7) My mother………into the van. (not/to crash)
8) The boys………the mudguards of their bicycles. (to take off)
9)………you………your aunt last week? (to phone)
10) He………milk at school. (not/to drink)
Exercise 9: Choose the correct answer
1. I _______ a new dress yesterday.
C. have bought
2. They _____ their homework yet
A. have finished
B. haven’t finished
3. I ________ TV last night.
A. didn’t watch
B. haven’t watched
C. hasn’t watched
4. She ____ married in 2018
A. have got
B. has got
5. He ______ to school last week. He was ill
A. hasn’t gone
C. didn’t go
6. We ____ the children’s toys yesterday.
C. have found
7. Helen has already ____ lunch.
8. I didn’t ______ breakfast yesterday.
9. Ben has just _____ a vase
Exercise 10: Put the verbs in bracket into the past simple or the present perfect
1. I ______ (not/play) tennis since I was at school but I _____ (be) very good at it back then.
2. A: ______ you ________ (choose) a dress for the party yet?
B: Yes, I ______ (buy) one yesterday.
3. I think our teacher ______ (forget) about the test! He ___________ (not/ say) anything about it in the last season!
4. A: ____________ (you/ sell) your house yet?
B: Yes, some people _______ (see) it last month and ________ (buy) it.
5. They __________ (lose) their cat. It ___________ (run) away last week.
Exercise 11: Fill in the gaps with “yet, ago, ever, last night, for or since”
1. My father went to Italy five days ______.
2. He has known her _______ 2001.
3. Have you _________ seen an elephant?
4. She hasn’t finished her work ________.
5. He has lived in Madrid _______ ten years.
6. We went to bed at 11 o’clock ________.
Exercise 12: Circle the correct item
1. Has Jack gone to school then/ yet?
2. Tonia has sent twenty invitations yesterday/ so far.
3. Tina took a test already/ three days ago.
4. I sent you an email two days already/ ago but you haven’t replied.
5. Helen has already/ yet had her breakfast.
Exercise 13: Put the verbs in brackets into the past simple or the present perfect
I (1) _____________ (be) a ski instructor for many years now. I (2) _______ (take up) the sport when I (3) _________ (be) at school. I still remember the first time I (4) ______ (try) to ski. I (5) _________ (slip) on the ice and (6) ________ (break) my ankle. Thankfully, I (7) _______ (not/ have) a serious accident since then. Last year, I (8) ______ (try) iceskating for the very first time. I (9) ________ (slip) on the ice rink a couple of times since then but I (10) ________ (not/ break) anything. Two years ago, I (11) _______ (take) snowboarding lessons. I (12) _______ (not/ like) it because I (13) ____ (find) it a little dangerous. I (14) ________ (not/ play) ice hockey yet. There’s a game tomorrow. I can’t wait to go!
Exercise 14. Underline the correct words in italics.
1. Sarah has / have never tasted Japanese food.
2. I haven’t live / lived in the city before now.
3. Have your parents ever visited Spain? Yes, they do / have.
4. Have / Has Mary ever stayed in any hotels? Yes, several times.
5. Has Sam ever played golf? No, he hasn’t / doesn’t.
Exercise 15. Complete the sentences. Use for or since.
1. We haven’t watched TV ___________ Monday.
2. The boy hasn’t eaten anything ___________ six hours.
3. I’ve known Pam ___________ primary school.
4. What have you done ___________ you finished school?
5. We have studied Chinese ___________ three years.
Exercise 16. Choose just, yet or already.
1. He is here now. He has just / already / yet arrived.
2. Has Paul started his new job just / already / yet?
3. Their plane has not landed just / already / yet.
4. Ned has just / already / yet fed his pets.
5. Her hair’s wet. She’s just / already / yet washed it.
6. They have just / already / yet visited a lot of countries.
Exercise 17. Fill in each blank with just, already or yet.
1. Have you played your new computer game ____________ _?
2. I’ve ____________ _ had my exam results.
3. My father has ____________ _ returned from his trip to Australia.
4. I haven’t had lunch ____________ _.
5. I have ____________ _ had three tests this week.
Exercise 18. Choose been or gone.
1. ‘Where is Pamela?’ ‘She’s been / gone home.
2. ‘Do you like Berlin?’ ‘Yes. I’ve been / gone there twice and I love it.’
3. Jane’s been / gone to the dentist and now she’s going shopping.
4. Nick and Ann aren’t here. They’ve been / gone to the cinema.
5. Alan’s been / gone at the gym. He feels exhausted.
Exercise 19. Chia động từ trong ngoặc ở thì Hiện tại hoàn thành
1. I (visit) _____________________ our form teacher in the hospital already.
2. John (read) _____________________ the letter from Mary already.
3. We (not begin) _____________________ to learn for the test yet.
4. Nancy (be) _____________________ to Vietnam several times.
5. They (not start) _____________________ the project yet.
6. The Greens (be) _____________________ to many countries in the world so far.
7. We (go) _____________________ to that village to do volunteer work several times.
8. Our teacher (explain) _____________________ to us how to use the printer already.
9. My pen isn’t here any more. Someone (take) _____________________ it already.
10. Mai (not finish) _____________________ her homework yet.
11. They (not see) _____________________ the film Titanic yet.
12. I (not see) _____________________ your brother yet.
Exercise 20. Put the verbs in brackets in the correct verb tense: the Present Perfect or Past Simple.
1. Tom (call) __________________ his boss yesterday.
2. I (meet) __________________ Robert at the supermarket this morning.
3. We (fly) _____________ to Ha Noi several times, but last summer we (go)______ there by train.
4. When (your father/ give up) ___________________________ smoking?
5. My uncle (move) __________________ to Da Lat in 2005.
6. I (be) __________________ to Sa Pa twice since 2000.
7. We (spend) __________________ our summer vacation in Ha Long Bay last July.
8. I (watch) __________________ the film Titanic already.
9. The postman (deliver) __________________ the letter half an hour ago.
10. I (hear) __________________ the good news from Mary a few minutes ago.
11. I (have)_________________________ this iPad for three years3. My father (give) ________ it to me when I was in grade 6.
12. My mother (do) __________________ all the cleaning. The apartment is really clean now.
13. Someone (turn) __________________ on the hifi. Do you know that song?
14. The match (just start) __________________ . Our team is playing very well.
15. He (lose) __________________ his credit card. He can’t find it anywhere.
16. Prices (go) __________________ up. Everything is more expensive nowadays.
17. (you/buy) _______________________ the laptop yet.
18. Miss White (work) _______________________ in Ha Noi from 2011 and 2014.
4. I bought
5. Where were you
6. Lucy left school
10. When was this book published?
2. The weather has been cold recently.
3. It was cold last week.
4. I didn’t read a newspaper yesterday.
5. I haven’t read a nespaper today.
6. Emily has earned a lot of money this year.
7. She didn’t earn so much last year.
8. Have you had a holiday recently?
3. have you finished
6. has lived
7. did you go…was.was
8. died…never met
9. have never met
10. has gone
11. have you lived…did you live…did you live
2. I haven’t bought anything today
3. I dindn’t watch TV yesterday
4. I want out with some friends yesterday evening
5. I haven’t been to the cinema recently
6. I’ve read a lot of books recently
2. has gone
6. has broken
3. have forgotten
5. has improved
6. have finished
9. has been
10. broke … did happen … fell
1. I have not worked today.
2. We have bought a new lamp.
3. We have not planned our holiday yet.
4. Where have you been ?
5. He has written five letters.
6. She has not seen him for a long time.
7. Have you been at school?
8. School has not started yet.
9. Has he spoken to his boss?
10. No, he has not had the time yet.
1. I did my Maths homework yesterday.
2. Did Susan go to England by plane?
3. They visited a farm two weeks ago.
4. Jenny and Peggy did not help their brother.
5. The children were not at home last weekend.
6. When did you design this wonderful skirt?
7. My mother did not crash into the van.
8. The boys took off the mudguards of their bicycles.
9. Did you phone your aunt last week?
10. He did not drink milk at school.